As you work through your to-do lists, travel to your holiday destination, and settle in for the holiday season, here are some additional ways to give and receive.
Following is a list of things that can help you feel your best.
- Plenty of fluid
- Avoid dehydration in the busy-ness of your holidays. This can help avoid headaches, constipation, and feeling lethargic.
- Fiber in your diet
- This can help you avoid constipation and and issues with diverticulosis (little pockets in your colon which are more common over age 50).
- Veggies and fruits for vitamins
- These are colorful, packed with vitamins, help you feel alert and energetic, and are another source of fluids.
- Getting plenty of sleep will help reduce your feelings of stress and being overwhelmed.
- The love and support of family and friends
- This helps with perspective, reduces stress, allows you to relax, helps to focus beyond your own needs and wants.
- Helping other people can reduce your stress levels
- Volunteering and caring about other people improves your health
- Altruism, giving to others, is linked to improved health and longevity (living longer)
- Time with friends and family. Feeling the love and time with others raises our spirits.
- Excess alcohol
- It might relax you for a bit, but then will interrupt your sleep, increase your risk of dehydration, and actually make you feel more tired
- The health risks are just too great. You’ll enjoy many more happy new years if you give up the tobacco.
- Too much fatty party food
- A balanced diet, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and exercise will keep you feeling better.
- Isolation and brooding.
- Everyone has experienced or will experience hard times, disappointments, betrayal, and/or loss.
- Your attitude, your source of hope, the support of others will determine whether these events stop you.
- You can grieve and experience these negative events and also pick yourself back up and continuing living a hopeful, happy life.
Wishing you joy, peace, and love from Meds MASH, LLC. www.medsmash.com
For more information on this topic, check out my personal blog.